1.02.2008

By any other name

My blogs come and go, only the titles change. This isn't a New Year resolution by any means but it's nice that it starts on such an occasion.

I've been asked about resolutions or what I hope to accomplish this year and though I'm sure it's a great trait, I've never been much of a goal setter. There are a few things I'm going to do my best at this year.

I will finish Tolstoy's War and Peace. I plan on reading other books but have no aspirations outside of that great work.

I recently started dating the most wonderful gal in the world. There is plenty of quality time ahead of us. Kristy has been such a blessing!

I will become more familiar w/ certain sections of the Cities this year as well, being that Kristy lives there. I've been saying how much I would like to travel and see more of Minnesota but have yet to make it much farther north than the MetroDome to see the Twins or south of Lanesboro for my annual biking/kayaking trip. I hear the North Shore area is a site to see for the outdoors sort.

Working w/ the youth group and establishing closer relationships w/ the youth leaders will be a top priority this year. We have the greatest group of kids and adult volunteers. Not many churches are able to make that statement when it comes to middle schoolers.

Other "to do list" items for this year:
  • Perform in at least one play
  • Learn one classical song on the guitar
  • Learn one gospel favorite on the mandolin
  • Learn one jazz piece on clarinet
  • Save time off for trip to Seattle
  • Keep a constant 20 mph for 20 miles by end of my cycling summer
  • Attend BeanFest
  • Get five chapters nailed down on the novel
I also have to fit in a week-long trip to Austin, Tx for a film festival, birthdays, holidays and write here as often as possible. When do I ever say I'm bored?

No comments: