1.14.2008

Ethnic Air

--

I enjoy ethnic food as much as the next guy, nay more. Indian, Lebanese and Thai food is a special treat for me and I will take it when I can get it. Anyone who has ever been served these dishes are aware of the associated smell. Great when in a restaurant, not so much in the work place.

How does one go about asking certain people to not eat their strong, ethnic food in such a common area w/o offending those who bring it in everyday? I don't want to seem like the token, "I have a black friend" type of guy, but I'm not really sure what else to tell my fellow co-workers w/o seeming a bit harsh or uncaring.

One can only take the smell of curry on one's clothes for so long. It stays in the trash all day. Today it was fish-y. I'm trying to take the high road, but I'm afraid other co-workers aren't so cautious.

--

No comments: