1.21.2008

...or to look at it another way.

--

"If you're a sinner, then God hates you!"

How great it is that statement is false. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Mankind has been a problem from day one. That's the all-inclusive "man" I speak of, if any ladies ever read this and think too highly of themselves.

This thought ran through my mind today. God hates no one. God hates not one member of the human race. So do people sit and ponder this point when faced w/ the guilt of their sin? When they realize, 'God doesn't hate me,' do they start living as if God grades sin on a scale or degree? Is it, God doesn't hate me, therefore he doesn't hate my sin? Am I even sinning? Does sin become acceptable at that point for that person?

A homosexual or an alcoholic, do they feel fully accepted and not condemned in God's eyes b/c of his love for them? Does the "un-churched" sinner view God by the actions of his believers?

-

We've got a lot of snow today. I did not grow up shoveling snow and I enjoy it. I had lots of outdoor chores, i.e., chopping wood, hauling "mis-placed" rock, etc.. These days I've gotten lazy what with the central air/heat system and the sod. Shoveling seems to be my greatest outdoor exercise event in the winter. Still, I think the novelty is wearing off.

--

No comments: